Saturday, October 9, 2010

Training is going

I haven't really had my set walks this week, but I figure I'm still good because I've walked the mall many times this week in search of something to wear for a wedding today. I will say that my pace has picked up from the previous two weeks as I planned. It's faster than my everyday walking speed but it's not yet at my "I'm at Disneyland" speed. That will be my pace the last two weeks before I start running. I did do a long walk on Sunday, or I should say I wanted to do a long walk. But at minute 35 I had a pain underneath my ribcage on my left side that forced me in. I also tweaked my knee on Thursday though I still don't know how I did it. I hope it's fully better by tomorrow as I'm walking a 5K (3.1 miles) for Breast Cancer research.

In other news. Today is the Ironman Championships from Kona. I love watching the stories when they replay the highlights on tv. It's just such an incredible thing. Real inspiring. If they can do an ironman, why can't I do a half marathon?

No comments:

Post a Comment