Thursday, September 30, 2010

Days 5 and 6

Sunday, day 5, I went for a walk with Hunter before coming back to watch The Amazing Race. We walked for about 30 minutes and I remember feeling fine, just another stroll. I'm now currently "house sitting" for my parents while their master bath gets remodeled so I'm walking their neighborhood. Monday was a rest day according to the book and Tuesday I also did not walk. Well, I did walk the malls but I wasn't doing it for time, I was just doing it to be at the mall, window shopping.

Yesterday was day 6. I walked with Hunter around my parents neighborhood in the morning for 30 minutes. By the end of it it was getting quite warm and I was sweating. Hunter had fallen asleep of course. Last night we went for another walk. This time we went 40 minutes. The weather was much better and I felt great. However, towards the end, we came across a small snake. I first thought it was a stick on the sidewalk until it started to move.  I start to walk by, but then curiosity kicked in. I stepped back, and sure enough, I see a diamond shaped head. It was only about a foot to a foot and a half long, but the end of the tail did look different than the rest of his body. Perhaps a baby rattler? As I was looking at him, he curled up and elevated his head and I took off. Thought it was best that we get going. So, future walks here I'll try to stick with daytime ones that don't end when it's dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment