Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 1

I'll try to type this with my 6 week old in hand. He's at that stage where he's not happy unless someone is holding him. Or, it's right after a very long nap and he's been fed and changed, and it's not nighttime.

Hunter and I went on a 30 minute walk around our neighborhood this morning. How did it go? It was hot. It is September 21st and it was 7:45am and it is still hot out. But, this is Phoenix I guess. Hunter was asleep by the end of it. But, sure, he was being pushed around in his car seat on his stroller.

Me? I'm still trying to tell myself it's ok to walk right now. I know that 6 weeks puts it at November 1 and it makes me nervous that I won't be ready in time for the race, but, I won't know unless I try, and I can't push it too much as what I had done was major abdominal surgery. I have to keep telling myself that so I don't get frustrated.

I just hope that my sister, who also plans to do the race with me, doesn't not start training just because I can't run quite yet. I'm not entirely sure I can do this run without her, even if it is at Disney World.

No comments:

Post a Comment